What Are A Man's Rights In A Divorce?
If you are moving into a divorce, there are certain things that you need to know, and one of them is your rights. You require to learn what your rights are, and you need to know them now! Don’t wait until you get a lawyer or your ex-spouse starts doing things that piss you off. You can contact a fort collins divorce attorney to handle your divorce.
You should know your rights before anything else because if you do not, you may end up losing your rights forever!
15 Facts That Will Help You To Understand Your Rights
Here are 15 points that will help you to understand your rights:
- I have the freedom to be approached with respect at all times.
- I have the right to expect my spouse to tell me the truth and never lie to me.
- I have the right to expect my spouse to honor our marriage vows.
- I have the right to expect my spouse to allow me one or both of the marriage children to live with me.
- I have the right to be provided financially during the pendency of the divorce.
- I have the right to expect a speedy resolution in the divorce process.
- I have the right to expect an equitable distribution of property.
- I have the right to expect my spouse not to retaliate against me in any way for exercising my rights.
- I have the right to expect my spouse not to commit adultery.
- I have the right to be notified of any communication my spouse has with other women.
- I have the right to call and present witnesses at any hearing held by the judge.
- If there are joint debts, I have the right to have those debts listed in detail, and I have the right to have my name removed as a joint debtor.
- I have the right to have a paternity test performed if my spouse refuses to acknowledge that I am the father of one of the children of the marriage.
- I have the right to request a temporary restraining order if I believe that my spouse will cause me physical harm.
- I have the right to ask the court for an injunction that would prohibit my spouse from harassing my children or me in any way.
I hope these 15 words will help you understand your rights and know what you should do if your spouse is not respecting your rights. These words will also help you to protect yourself from your ex-spouse. You can get a fort collins child custody attorney to handle child custody matters. If you want an expert family lawyer, then contact fort collins child support attorney. The divorce process can get very ugly quickly if you do not take specific steps to protect yourself. So, please do it now!